Network Security Engineer
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Analyzes and defines security requirements for Multilevel Security (MLS) issues.
- Designs, develops, engineers and implements solutions to MLS requirements.
- Responsible for the implementation, monitoring, maintenance and development of the MLS environment.
- Gathers and organizes technical information about the organization’s mission goals and needs, existing security products, and ongoing programs in the MLS arena.
- Performs risk analyses which also includes risk assessment.
- Provides technical support for secure software development and integration tasks, including reviewing work products for correctness and adhering to the design concept and to user standards.
- Has expert knowledge of Security/Information Assurance (IA) products and techniques such as PKI, VPN, firewalls, and intrusion detection systems.
- Analyzes and recommends resolution of security/IA problems on the basis of knowledge of the major IA products and services, an understanding of their limitations, and knowledge of the IA disciplines.
- Provides daily monitoring, support and maintenance of these systems.
- This position is concentrated on design, configuration, and management of Cisco ASA devices and related services/protocols.
The candidate will need to have a minimum of 5 to 8 years of experience in the following areas.
- Experience with Cisco Nexus 7K, 5K, 2K devices, as part of enterprise datacenter environments, performing O&M or E&I work, cisco routers ASR1000, Cisco 1921, Cisco switches 3750 and TL encryption devices management-GEMX.
- Proven experience with troubleshooting network connectivity issues.
- Ability to perform log analysis, towards the goal of isolating traffic passing or not passing through a firewall, and then formulating specific rule-bases to either efficiently allow or block such traffic.
- Provide tier 2 and tier 3 troubleshooting support for failed network connectivity and determine root cause, whether from a firewall access-list, network address translation, route, or other configuration issue. Be able to troubleshoot routers, switches, and other network devices end-toend in coordination with these activities.
- Provide recommendations for fix actions and develop follow-on activities to reduce risk by documenting data flows, and implementing standardized rule sets for affected services.
- Perform firewall rule audits, working with application owners to identify when a rule can be locked down or removed. Implement standards for network objects and perform other standardization activities on firewalls, improving efficiency while driving towards ease of management.
- Create and update network diagrams, and other documentation. Have experience with configurations and t-shooting of ASA VPN, such as Site-to-Site VPN. Be able to deploy, configure IPS appliances and ASA-IPS software based devices.
- Analyze enabled signatures, summarize and block undesired traffic on IPS. Designed or maintained enterprise network firewall architectures with a demonstrated understanding of firewall topology and zone based methodology. Perform analyzes on Cisco Security Manager-CSM, be able to add network security devices, create Alert Reports and analyze IPS alerts. Understanding of routing protocols such as EIGRP, and OSI model.
- Experience with Cisco analyzes modules, such as Cisco NAM 2204.
Offerd Salary£40,000 - £50,000