You will be responsible for designing, developing test software for large-scale ecommerce web application. As part of the engineering organization you will be working on problems related to highly scalable, distributed, high performance ecommerce platforms, web application and APIs in the cloud.
- Review requirements and work with team collaboratively to understand the technical architecture.
- Work in a full Lean/Agile collaborative environment – including interactive discussions, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
- Perform low-level unit testing, to high-level functional, web services (REST, SOAP) and system testing.
- Design and develop solid quality code to deliver business feature.
- Continuously executing the tests in a CI environment to catch regression issues.
- Diagnose and trouble shooting of complex software.
- Create high quality defect reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or higher degree
- Knowledge of SQL, relational databases like Oracle/DB2 and NoSQL technologies like Cassandra, HBase
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud Engine, Heroku)
- Experience with CI system like Jenkins/Hudson and source control systems like SVN, GIT
- Proficiency in a Unix/Linux environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to effectively communicate and engage audiences across teams and roles
- Ability to collaborate with developers and cross-functional teams
- Highly self-motivated
- Passion for product quality
- Familiarity of J2EE application servers like WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat
- Familiarity of Messaging technologies like Kafka, TIBCO JMS, WebSphere MQ
- Familiarity of Caching technologies like Oracle Coherence, Berkley DB
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment
Offerd Salary£50,000 - £60,000